Sunday, January 30, 2011

Twisted Rib Neckwarmer

This is a Twisted Rib Neckwarmer made out of some Noro Silk Garden Lite, two skeins.  I liked knitting it but think it will go to my Hairdresser next Christmas.  Yeah, one gift done.  I've already begun planning the gifts for her two daughters.  I bought a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern for a little girl shrug that goes to size 10 so I think I may make them.  They look cute and fun to make. 

I finished my 5th Ave Infinity Cowl and it is blocking.  I also finished two Keyhole Cabled scarfs, one for a co-worker for her Feb birthday and one for my mother.  One is still blocking.  Pictures soon.  I have started a fourth, that one will probably go to my mothers church fair booth.  I have yarn for one more that I found while we cleaned out a closet.  This forth one is also my lunch knitting.

Caireen is really slow going, maybe about 3 or 4 rows on a weekend only.  I found my Ott lite while we cleaned the closet (that was the whole reason for the cleaning) so now I can work on it at night if I want.
I started Gretel in the yarn to match the Infinity Cowl, it is a fun knit.

Last weekend my sister and I went to some YS's that she hasn't been to yet.  We went south this time to Old Saybrook, Deep River and Haddam.  This weekend was no shopping which was nice, she had her house to herself and wanted to enjoy it.  Next weekend, she wants to go to some Super Bowl sales if I can find some.  I'm ready to just stay home so I can get some stuff done but will probably go with her.

We have had more snow and more is coming this week, yuck.  At least the snowblower is getting used. 
I don't have that many more vacation days that I can use when our street isn't plowed and I can't get to work.  I just keep thinking, Spring is almost here.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Cheryl S. said...

That's very pretty - I like the colors. I just can't wear Noro around my neck, though. Not even the Silk Garden. I'd love to have a big oversized sweatshirty-type Noro sweater, though.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I just love your Twisted Rib Neckwarmer! May I ask where you got the pattern from? I don't mind paying for it at all. And the colors you have are just yummy!

Thanks,
Kriston

 

Post a Comment

<< Home