Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dolomite Socks

These are the Dolomite Socks by Knitspot.  I used Koigu that I had originally purchased for the Chevron Scarf that was going around a few years ago.  I didn't like the two yarns together that I had so they have been ripped out and waiting for a new project.  They have been sitting next to my computer for years.  The other 2 from the failed scarf are still sitting there taunting me but I haven't decided what they will become yet.  This pattern was fun and was my first try at a short row heel.  The second one came out much better than the first. 

My work project is now Multnomah out of Noro Kureyon Sock.  I had a little Citron emergency on Thursday night when I ran out of yarn on the bind off.  I knew from Ravelry that I wouldn't have enough for the full ruffle but I tried to make it to 6 or 7 and thought it would be close on the bind off and I ended up running out.  I went to the LYS Saturday as I remember seeing a skein in that color there and it was and even the same dyelot.  That was luck as I don't remember where I bought it and I have had the skein for probably a year.  It is now blocking.  Multnomah was a quick decision when I was trying to figure out what yarn I had around and what pattern was handy.  I have also started a Lady Betram Shawlette from WendyKnits out of the new skein from Citron as I only used a small amount to finish up the bind off.

My next socks will be the Jelly Bean socks from the 99 Yarns and Counting book by Green Mountain Spinnery.  They are going to be out of some Plymouth Happy Feet yarn.  I do plan to finish up my top down sweater/vest this week.  I think I have about 2 inches to go.  It has been a little cooler this weekend so I plan to work on it tonight.

Still planning my camp knitting.  Now with two shawls on the needles, it is changing my plans a little.  I really wanted to start the Hamamelis shawl at camp but may bring the other two shawls to finish up instead.  I plan to work on a sweater for my mother also.  I have to talk with her about sizing and then I can get that ready to go.  I will also bring the socks which should be the Jelly Bean ones as I don't think I will finish them before July.  I think I am back in shawl mode as I have about 5 skeins of sock yarn in my room and the patterns are either with the yarn or here next to the computer.  They are all lined up waiting to go.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Ruby Girl said...

The socks are nice. How lucky to get the same dye lot for the yarn you needed. I love to go to camp and love getting all the items ready to knit or think I will knit, have a great time at camp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home