Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mondo Cable Cardi FO

Here's my Mondo Cable Cardi by Chicknits that I knit with the Knitmore Girls Podcast knit a long.  The yarn is some Valley Yarns Northampton from WEBS.  The buttons have some Abalone in them and I love them.  I bought them for another sweater and bought the yarn to match but I don't even remember what that sweater was.  I think it was a Berocco one.  This was a fun knit but I was glad to be done.

The lunch knitting baby sweater is done and blocking.  The Fiddlesticks C'est La Vie is done except for the weaving in of ends.  I will do that sometime this week.  I did 3 rows today which was more than I planned.  I had been doing a row a day of the ruffle because there are so many stitches and my hands hurt when I am done.

I haven't knit at all on the socks.  Maybe now that the C'est La Vie is done, I will get back to the socks.  I have done a few rows on the top down cardigan that has been patiently waiting.

For my lunch knitting, I did end up starting the Berocco scarf that I had yarn for.  I did about 2 repeats at lunch, didn't like how it turned out.  I looked at it again when I got home and ripped it out.  I did like the Berocco Ultra Alpaca fine and asked my mother if she would like a Citron and she tried mine on.  She liked it so that is now my lunch knitting.  I am on section 2 and it will slow down a little now as the rows get longer.

I brought Citron with me to the yarn shop in Deep River this weekend but only took it out of the bag to show them what it looked like.  I bought more buttons for the baby sweater and I think these will work as they are a little smaller.  The rest of the time we spent discussing Knitting Camp which is about 6 weeks away.  I can't wait but I keep changing what I plan to knit while I am there.  I usually bring about 3 things including something easy and usually a shawl.  This year, I think it will be a pair of socks, a shawl and either a sweater or vest.  But, I am sure I will change my mind many times over the next 6 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home