Sunday, May 02, 2010

I'm Two!

Here's Juliet.  She turns(ed) two the first weekend of May according to the rescue group I got her from.  I always celebrate in on May first.   I lost my favorite kitty, Olivia, in August of 2008 and brought home Juliet and Kayla (her birthday is the first week of June) on September 2nd of 2008.  She is on a basket that is in my room on a hope chest which is filled with a few knitting bags, some patterns and some yarn.  She has never climbed up there that I know of till a few weeks ago and I haven't seen her near there since.

Knitting wise, my Mondo Cable is done and blocking.  Just need to add the buttons and some crochet loops for them.  I haven't knit on the Knitspot socks at all.  I have gone back to another top down cardigan vest that was waiting and also pulled out a Fiddlesticks Knitting shawl/wrap that just needed to be sewn together and then have a ruffle added.  This will probably take as much yarn as the whole wrap as you do the ruffle in two sections, each over 440 stitches plus as you do two more increases before it is done.  I have 4 more rows on ruffle one and then hope to cast on ruffle two next Friday night and Saturday morning.  This has been in time out for a long time.  I plan to have it done for knitting camp and hopefully, within the next 2 weeks, it will be done.

Work knitting is still the baby sweater.  It is blue and I just found out that the baby it was to be for is going to be a girl.  I don't know if I will just add some pink ribbons and buttons to it or use it for another baby that I know will be a boy and then use the beige baby set from a few weeks ago for the girl.  Or I have one more put away that would be good for a girl so I may use that for the little girl.  Then, put this blue sweater for the baby boy I know is on the way and then use the beige for one that I don't know what it is going to be.  That may work the best and then I won't have to make another one right away. 

My planned trip to MA Sheep and Wool may not happen.  I went to see a surgeon this week and had another minor procedure and then surgery is scheduled for right before Memorial day weekend which works out as I won't loose more than one vacation day.  I am not sure it will happen though as the infections keep coming back and four weeks seems to be the time period for them to come back.  They don't want to operate until it is cleared up.  Oh well, I am going to keep a very close eye on it and the minute I think it is coming back, I am going in as I really want the surgery to work out that way.  I only have so much vacation time and my knitting camp is already paid for and I can't cancel that. 

I am itching to get back to some lace knitting and dug the skein out of the stash so it is all ready to go the minute the Fiddlesticks shawl is done.  I really can't wait.  It has been since October when I finished my Spring Things Shawl.  I did make a few Seafoam scarfs and a Citron but no really lace except on a pair of socks.  There was also a bit on a baby sweater but no real lace knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home