Sunday, May 23, 2010

Eyelet Baby Cardigan FO

Here's the Eyelet Baby Cardigan out of Feza Baby.  I decided it is going to the man at work who is expecting a baby grand-daughter.  I added the ribbon ties around the wrists to make it a little more feminine.  The buttons are Beatrix Potter bunny rabbits which is kind of an inside joke with the man at work.  We usually have a few bunnies around outside our building and he has loaded up the window sill in my office with bunnies of all kinds, mostly ceramic.

Work knitting is still Citron.  I think I am on section 3 now but with the longer rows, I am getting less done.
I worked about 6 rows on the Knitspot socks.  I haven't woven in the ends yet on C'est La Vie but plan to work on that and the socks when I am home next weekend.  I have about 10 more inches on my other top down sweater and went to Country Yarns on Friday (got out of work early) and bought some new buttons for it.  I also bought some cute metal buttons with cats on them.  My mother liked these so I may have to go get more so that I can use them on the sweater I am making her eventually and then save one set for me.

My surgery is still planned for this week so MA Sheep and Wool won't happen this weekend.  I am fine with it.  I hope to just work on getting more done on my socks and the top down sweater. 

I am now reading Sweater Quest and have decided that I am going to start a Starmore by fall.  I have 2 sets of yarn that were purchased for specific sweaters and the swatch was even done on one of them.  I am having fun poking around Ravelry now and have added a bunch to my favorites and now just have to figure out what one I will start in the fall.  I am not getting any younger and I really wanted to knit some of these when I bought the books and yarn so I really am going to just do it come fall.  I am sure it will take me awhile as I will also be knitting other stuff but I am not going to wait any longer. 

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Vee said...

Very nice baby cardigan, I'm sure the man at work will appreciate it.

I know what you mean regarding knitting a Starmore; I've been gathering yarn and books for a while and still have yet to knit one.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

C'est La Vie is one my most favourite patterns. Looking forward to FO photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home