Sunday, April 25, 2010

CT Sheet and Wool 2010

My mother decided to go with me again this year to the CT Sheep and Wool festival.  We got a later start and probably got one of the last available parking spaces.  I bought a festival tshirt again this year and the above yarn and patterns.  The darker yarn on the left is by Ball and Skein and is to make Ishbel which I have wanted to make for a long time.  The bright green is also by Ball and Skein and is going to be Argus by Wendy Johnson.  The purple yarn is by Dye Dreams and it is Twinkle Toes sock yarn and it will be Violets Rising socks by Knitspot.  My mother spotted someone selling some Lavender so she was happy and will now be making sachets.

I ran into many people I know so it was a good day.  It is fun to see what everyone is buying.  The Dye Dreams booth was very busy and I had never bought from them before but they were the one booth I was planning on visiting.  We only stayed about an hour and then headed to Target and then home.

My Gloria scarf that was work knitting is now done.  My work knitting now is a baby sweater.  I think this will be the last one for awhile unless I want to make one to put away to be ahead of the baby book that seems to have happened this year.  My Mondo Cable body is done, just need to work on the ribbing around the armholes as mine will be a vest.  I may follow someone on Ravelry and finish up the neck the way they did.  I need to look it up before I decide.  My Knitspot sock is coming along, finished my first short row heel.  I like the look but not the way I picked up the wraps so I will read up on that before I make another pair that way.  I can't wait to try it on and see which heel type I like the best.

I am now looking forward to MA Sheep and Wool Memorial Day weekend.  I have a few ideas of what I want to pick up there and I also have a short list of things I need from Webs on the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home