Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring...

These are the small group of Crocuses in the back yard. 

I am almost done with my Duckie sock number 2.  Less than 30 rows left.  I have split off the sleeves of my Mondo Cable Cardi but haven't really worked on it much since Thursday or Friday night when I seperated it out.

I had Friday off as my birthday day off from work (you get to take a day within a month of your birthday).  My parents and I went off to the outlets and to lunch at Westbrook Lobster.  I had a new item on the menu, a barbacued salmon sandwich.  It was yummy.  Then we went to the next outlets and bought candy.  We stopped at Madison Wool, a yarn shop I had never been to before.  I bought two skeins of sock yarn, one to be a shawlette (I think) and the other a pair of socks.  Plus, a little namaste case that will either hold some crochet hooks or double point needles.

Saturday, I had an early morning hair appointment and then went off to Target to look for Rachel Herron's book.  I didn't see it there but then went to Border's and hung around till them opened at 10.  Found the book and a few others plus a knitting mag and finally made it home.  Felt like I had been out a long time.  After lunch, I went to Deep River to see baby pictures and pay for my Knitting Retreat vacation.  While there, I found the perfect buttons for another sweater I have on the needles.  I had been thinking before that I was going to have to search to find the perfect buttons for this sweater that is patiently waiting for me to get back to it.  I don't know how I have missed seeing them before, maybe they are new.  I love them and had the thought that I may have to plan another sweater just so I can get more of them.

My lunch knitting is still slowly moving along.  The sleeves are done and I have started on the body.  Another 3 or 4 inches and I can add the sleeves and start the yoke.  I don't like the way the bottom is rolling and hope it blocks out in the end.

It has been a beautiful few days but rain is due back tomorrow.  I can't wait to see the tulips poking their heads up.  I had bought some bulbs last year and my father planted them and they should be coming up soon.  I can't wait to see what they look like as I am never sure if they will look like the picture.  They were bought through a co-workers little girl's school sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home