Monday, March 01, 2010

Ravelympic project 2, done

Here's the baby sweater.  It was a fun knit.  I know have a baby hat on the needles for work knitting.  That should be done this week.  I am glad that I was able to finish both projects.  I actually came in ahead and finished this one on Saturday.

I also started another pair of socks, a pair of Duckies on size 3 needles.  My sister had the yarn in her stash.  I must have given it to her at some holiday in the past.  I have about 3 more sock patterns lined up to knit next.

I did join the Knitmore Girls Mondo Cable knit a long and will be casting on tonight.  I am suing Valley Yarns Northampton that I found in our cellar in a bucket that I had never put in my stash book.  Lots of nice yarn in there for future projects.

My sister finished her beaded scarf and drove me crazy yesterday calling me with knitting questions.  Considering that she taught me, it is kind of funny that she now calls me.  She left for Miami Beach this morning for work and needed to get her project together.  Nothing like waiting to the day before to plan the knitting. I had given her back 2 bags of yarn (partial projects included) that she had given to me to use.  One was from her girlfriend who has given up knitting and one was a yarn I had given her to make a gift out of years ago.  Glad it is now back to her house and she can use it up.  She ripped the projects and rewashed the yarn so she was all set to go.  She just had to figure out a project. 

I am about 50 podcasts behind on all the podcasts I listen to.  Some are back podcasts that I had downloaded to I Tunes.  The olympics tv watching took all my time.  I am now slowly listening while I am on the computer.  Hopefully with the knit a long, I will have time to just sit and knit. 

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Love the colour. I have a friend who makes orange baby blankets, very sweet.

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger TracyP said...

This is adorable!! Orange just happens to be my favourite colour! Pity my babies aren't that small anymore! Beautiful projects on your blog! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home