Thursday, February 18, 2010

Citron

Here's Citron in Malabrigo Lace, color Cognac.  Fun knit but I am glad to be done, those 500 + stitch ruffle rows were tough.

Olympic knitting is coming along.  One sock is done.  I am almost finished with the yoke on the baby sweater but I am not taking lunch tomorrow at work so I will work on it tomorrow night.  Tonight will be sock night. 

I was home sick Wednesday and left work early Tuesday due to the snow and not feeling well.  The office closing due to the weather was a help.  I hardly knit, just sat staring at the TV.  Good thing for Olympic coverage to give me something to watch.

Last weekend, my sister and I checked out a new to us yarn shop.  I bought some sock yarn and 2 patterns, one for an adult sock, one with a baby hat and socks.  My sister now wants to knit again and with beads no less.  She saw a scarf at the YS but never asked about it.  She mentions it to me while we are driving around.  I found it but it is a kit so I looked through a book I have with beading in it and she is going to create her own.  Shouldn't be too hard as I have made a necklace similar so I have to find mine and show it to her.  She also wants to go back to knitting sweaters since she adopted one of my nieces sweaters when my niece moved out and left them all on her bed.  She also adopted a vest and my mother a purse from the left behind items.  The rest will get donated to charity.  I don't think my niece ever wore them except for the photo shoot that I made her do when she opened them as gifts.  Oh well, they are being used now.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Ooh I have some Malabrigo laceweight in my stash, hope it's enough for a Citron. I'm going to check it out right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home