Sunday, January 31, 2010

Progress is Slow......


Reading, Knitting, Podcasts

The new blue Nano has joined the Ipod Touch and Sony MP3 player.  I plan to make this one the work Podcast listening Ipod.  I have to finish up listening to the podcasts on the Sony and then the Nano will be going to work with me.

Not much progress on the knitting front.  I finished my book (Firefly Lane) and liked it.  My sister has now taken it home to read.  My to read pile has gotten larger.  The Help has been recommended to me by more than one person (hi Kim) so I have added that to my list.  I may borrow it from a friend at work, she is the one who gave me Firefly Lane.  I have borrowed the first three Stephenie Meyer books, Twilight (returned Saturday), New Moon and Eclipse.  I am now on Eclipse.  I know people love these books, me, not so much.  Twilight was ok but these next two, eh, they are ok.  I can't wait to be done with this one and then I can go back to my pile of books.  My friend is still reading the 4th and I don't know if I even want to read it when she is done.

For knitting, it has all been Citron and I am now on the ruffle.  I have 10 more rows of 500 plus stitches and am lucky to get a row done a night.  Then it is back to the sweater.  I still don't know what I want to knit for the Knitting Olympics.  I have it down to a pair of socks (or just one as I have only knit socks once and they were worsted weight), a baby sweater, or the Bella Mittens and a scarf.  Not sure.  I have the patterns/yarn for all of them (or will have by the time I need them) and just need to decide what I want to do.  Work knitting is still the Seafoam scarf.  I think it will go to a friend whose birthday is somewhere around the 10th.

My queue and favorites have been getting longer between some Knitspot patterns (two sweaters) and some Through The Loops patterns (vest and mittens).  I have some other things that I hope to get to that will use up some of the stash.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Teresa C said...

Are you on a team for the knitting Olympics? I need a team.

My iPod is blue, too. Bet you're surprised, huh? Anyway, my girls recommended Firefly Lane and I have downloaded it from Audible, but haven't read it yet. I highly recommend The Help. My girls loved it as well. I listened to it and the narrators were superb, if you can get it from your library or someplace you should listen to it. The girls were also addicted to the vampire books, but I haven't read one of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home