Saturday, December 05, 2009

Cadenza Sweater


I bought this as a kit at my favorite yarn shop.  The pattern is by "I'd Rather be Knitting" and the yarn is some Colinette Cadenza.  I did the sleeves seperately instead of picking up and knitting down.  It was easier that way to just bring the sleeves to work.  It will be a gift for a baby due around February.

I am still knitting away on my mother's vest and my sister's scarf though the scarf may go to someone else.  I had forgotten I was knitting it and bought my sister her Xmas gifts already.  So, it will either go to her in April for next year or I will hold on to it for Xmas next year.  I started a baby hat for a co-worker that is expecting a little girl in February and I hope to make another hat a little larger.

I haven't been knitting that much at night because I have had 3 large books in a row from the library.  I had two Kate Morton books to read, The Forgotten Garden and The House at Riverton to read, both were over 400 pages.  I am now reading Diana Gabaldon's latest book, Echo In The Bone which is over 800 pages.  I have 21 days to read it and am trying to read about 50 pages a day.

We are having our first snow right now and I can't wait to take some pictures tomorrow.  I have 2 weeks of work till our holiday break and I really hope to get in some knitting for me while I am off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home