Monday, July 14, 2008

Knit Camp

Knit camp was fun. I won this kit in a raffle. It is Hanne Falkenberg's Pygmalion. I had looked at the kits in the past but had never been tempted to buy one. Now I can try one. The weather was perfect, not too hot. I finished a few small projects while I was there. They always have little things that we can do if we want to. By Saturday night, I was starting to feel a little sad as I sat watching the fashion show at a table by myself. Everyone comes with or meets up with their friends there. I was a single camper and had a roommate whose friend couldn't come this year. We both are into Lace so we spent some time discussing that. But, sitting outside on Sunday watching everyone paired up (or in 3's and 4's) it reminded me that I am a solitary knitter. None of my friends knit. I don't have any that I can just call up to go on a yarn crawl. I do all of these things on my own. I know almost everyone at camp and they are all nice and all will talk with me but it still isn't the same as having a friend there with you. There are two that I have known for many years and I mostly hung out with them. They are usually a threesome but their friend wasn't there this year. I was very melancholy when I got home last night but today I realize that is just the way it is.


I started and brought the Old Shale Shawl with me. I finished the Sweet Baby Cap and two little mug cozies. I brought my Clementine Shawlette with me but only worked on it one day. I cast on a pair of fetchings but they were coming out too big so I frogged them and will eventually do them this summer. I mostly worked on the Old Shale.

Sunday there is a small (4 vendor) market which I did quite a bit of damage at. I went onto Ravelry and found a project to go with one of them so I am very happy with that. I also have yarn from the same vendor from past years and think I may have also found a project for that yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home