Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. My niece called to wish my mother a Happy Mother's Day and then wanted to talk to me. She always remembers my mother and I.


I bought my mother an african violet (she loves them) and a little cactus with a grafted colored cactus on top. I bought two of the cactus, one pink and one orange and let her choose. She chose orange and I am keeping the other one. They are about 4 inches tall and cute so I couldn't resist bringing them home. I also bought a bunch of plants that I plant in various containers. The giraffe planter is from a tag sale years ago and I love it. I have a small collection of giraffe items in the house. I also have three diamond shaped planters with assorted flowers (purple, white, pink, one has yellow) and then one round planter that is all yellow and white flowers. I used to go through a different color phase each year but the picking weren't that great this year while I was shopping and I didn't want to go elsehwere so I just made it work for me.

For knitting, I still have the scarf for my work projects. At home, I am working on a Judy Pascale Simply Garter Shawlette. My nephew's sweater is ready to be started as soon as I finish the shawlette or just need a change. I think I have decided on what to make me. It is the Bianca's Jacket from Interweave Fall 2006. I looked through all the projects on Ravelry for it and I liked them. I have a few choices of yarn and just have to go through the stash and see which one it will be.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Pretty African Violet. My poor one fell from its sill a few months back and has never completely recovered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home