Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Single Rose

My father has a rose bush that produces one rose per year. This is the rose for this year.


Still knitting, I am on repeat 6 of the Heartland Lace Shawl, the pattern calls for 4 but I had yarn and wanted it a little bigger so I am at 6. I think this will be the last one. I have tried stretching it out a little but I think that the stitch count will end up being more than Birch which I knit on 8's. This one is on 7's so I think it will be good size wise. The same yarn so it should work out.

My nephew's sweater is now my lunch knitting. Since it is summer, I only have a 1/2 hour so the in the round knitting is working out fine. Don't have to pay attention, just talk and knit.

I really want to make a February Sweater and a Wicked for me but won't start on till after I finish one of the sweaters on the needles now. I also want to make some fingerless mitts. Never mind that I have a few mitt kits already waiting, I pulled yarn from the stash today to make a few others. I had the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino for some Fetchings so those will be for me. I also had two other yarns and have to decide between a pair of Cabled Fingerless mitts by The Giving Flower and the Princess Mitts from the Knitters book of yarn. I spent quite a while on Ravelry last night looking at all the projects for the last two mitts. One pair will be for a work friend who gave me her old Magenta Razr cell phone last week. I have it all set up now as a pay as you go phone and I love it. So, she will get a nice pair of mitts which she does want as she has to do part of her job in the distribution area which is chilly.

I leave for my knitting vacation in a few weeks and I have to decide what to bring with me to work on. Last year I brought two smaller shoulder shawls and almost finished them while I was there. This year, I don't know, I keep changing my mind. I was going to bring the Polka Dot Stole by Fiddlesticks which I love but I have a few UFO's that I could also bring, get done and then move on to something else. I have to have one thing that is easier for at night when it is dark and we are in an older building where the light isn't that bright (I think this will be my mothers top down sweater). The day projects are fine and can be more complicated as I am sitting out side all day long.

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger kathy b said...

A single rose is all it musters? WOW your father is a patient and wise man. Good luck on those WIPs. I like to finish things up when the mood strikes me !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home