Saturday, June 14, 2008

Heartland Lace Shawl

This is the start of my Heartland Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark. It was an award winner in a contest that Wild Fibers magazine had. I found the Knit-a-long on Ravelry and joined right in.
I am now on my third repeat of the second pattern. It calls for 4 before the end chart is done but I am going to add a repeat or two as I bought extra yarn yesterday to make sure I have enough. I think I will without the extra yarn but I picked some up anyway. I just don't want to put it down.

I cast on for my Ene's Shawl but am going to rip it and cast on again with larger needles.

My work trip to Saratoga Springs NY helped me to add over 6 inches to my nephews neck down sweater. We left work at 12:30 on Tuesday afternoon and returned to the parking lot at work on Wednesday at 6:30 pm. We had a nice dinner at The Mouzan House Tuesday night which has a resident ghost. The owner came out and told us the story. It fit right in with the weather as we ate on their covered deck with 2 thunder storms for company (plus a good band).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home