Sunday, May 04, 2008

Mabel's Scarf

This is Mabel's scarf out of 1 1/4 skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in the Melilla color. A fun knit. Mine came out shorter than expected. The pattern repeat was to be about 4 inches square, mine was about 3 or 3.5. I ended up doing 17 repeats and plan to make a pair of mitts with the remainder of the skein. The yarn was lovely to knit with and the pattern was fun. I will probably make another for a gift next fall.

I spent today in Poughkeepsie, NY at a baby shower where I delivered the red baby sweater. I ended up going to the shower alone (co-workers backed out) though my parents went for the ride with me and ended up eating at the hotel and staying there. They had planned to go to local mall but the Hotel the shower was at was in the middle of town and they might not have been able to find there way back to me again. The mapquest directions got us to town but stunk at getting to the hotel. But, we are back home and I ended up seeing a small live deer on the Taconic on the way home. Made of for the 3 ones I saw that weren't so lucky.

I started an Eye of the Partridge shawl as shower knitting but never took it out of my purse. That's ok because the people I was seated with were very nice and I am very glad I went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home