Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bday 2008

During this past week I celebrated my birthday. I received these two books from my parents though I don't remember who gave me which one. I bought them on Amazon a few months ago and asked each of them if they needed a gift to give me. This saves them trying to find the books I want and my credit card gets paid for them so it all works out. I also got some other stuff but this was the knitting related presents.


I went to my favorite yarn shop today, Yarns Down Under in Deep River CT and the owner handed me my other present which was a gift certificate from my sister. While I was there I managed to put my Xmas present from my sister towards my purchase of 4 skeins of Malabrigo lace, 2 in one color and then 2 single skeins. I also bought a few magazines and some Berocco Ultra Alpaca to make Agatha by ThatLoganChick designs. I think I am going to knit this on my summer vacation at a knitting retreat held by the same yarn shop. If I can wait that long. Last year I worked on my Forest Canopy Shawl and my Faroese Shawlet at camp and finished both within 2 - 3 weeks of coming home from camp.
I am still plugging away on my Diamond Fantasy and am on repeat 6 which should be the last one for the scarf version but I have about 120 more yards so I am going to do a 7th repeat. Other than that I went twice to another local shop to pick up some more Malabrigo worsted and they even had the same dyelots of a color I bought last year so I cleared them out of the few skeins they had that I needed. Now, I just need to sit down and knit some items up.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home