Monday, January 21, 2008

FO Monday


Two FO's that will probably be going to charity. The blue one is a lace hat from a Knit Simple magazine. I was the presenter of a program on Lace knitting at my Knitting Guild last week. This hat was meant to be on display but the flu last week ended that plan. I ended up finishing it a day or so after the meeting. The beret is Beret Gaufre from Veronik Avery. A fun knit but the yarn was wrong. I had ordered it online and it was supposed to be worsted weight but really felt more like a light DK or sport weight. I ran out and ended up doing the top with some leftover Dale yarn from my nephews Pirate Hat.

I have a scarf for me almost done, Karita from Berocco. I am using Berocco Ultra Alpaca and I have a skein left which will become a Sand Dollar Beret (found the pattern at Jimmy Beans Wool). I seem to be on a beret kick lately. I am usually not a hat person. I like to make them but don't wear them. I already made myself one beret and have 2 more planned.

I bought the Cassidy's Cap pattern today from ChicKnits and that will be for me. I think I will do a little yarn crawl this weekend for the perfect yarn to make it. I have a certain color in mind to match some mittens I am planning to make. They will both match a scarf I already made.

I mentioned my favorite lace designers in my presentation and also had just found out about the Secret of the Stole II so I signed up for that and mentioned it at the meeting. Pulled my yarn out of my stash only to find that what I planned to use was half sport weight and half fingering. Not sure if I ordered wrong last spring when I bought it or if they sent the wrong weight yarn. Doesn't matter, as I went right online and ordered more of it as my mind is now set on that color. Hopefully, it will arrive in a week or so and I can start that.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger T. said...

Suzanne - thanks for your nice comments on my blog - I really appreciate it!
T.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

I love the lace hat. Too bad you didn't get to show it off. But it will warm someone's head eventually, I am sure (and their heart, for that matter.)

Stay warm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home