Sunday, March 09, 2008

Hanami

Hanami is blocked. This is the very end. I tried to upload 3 pics but it crashed in the middle so I guess one or two is my limit with my dial up service. It was a fun knit though I am not in love with the ruffle, it tends to want to roll the wrong way. I thought of taking it off but I think I will just live with it as I like idea of the ruffle and it seems to be staying after being blocked in place.
I will have to get a good picture of the whole scarf. Maybe if my niece shows up for my birthday, I can make her model.


The Show You Colors shawl in on the blocking board now. I am still working on the Diamond Fantasy scarf and have finished 4 of the 6 repeats. I hope to add a 7th as I have more yarn than the pattern calls for but we shall see how I feel after I finish the 6th repeat. Gust is still my lunch project. It may take a couple more weeks as I haven't been going to lunch every work day and I don't work on it at home.

I joined Malabrigo Junkies Malabrigo March on Ravelry and have been digging out my Malabrigo stash. I then went out yesterday and bought 3 more skeins of worsted. I already have 6 single skeins at home but one I bought yesterday is from the same shop and dyelot. It is all so nice and soft. Seeing all the colors on Ravelry makes me want even more but the local shops all seem to have the same colors. I have a friend who wants to go back up to Yankee Candle in MA so I told her we would head off in April and I will plan some yarn shop visits along the way. Now, I have been blog reading and Ravelry reading to see what everyone is making with just one skein. I found a few possiblities for scarfs. I am really not a hat person except for the berets I have been making so I may make one more of them.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger margene said...

Love the intense color! So beautiful.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

That is spectacularly beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home