Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Picture is Ann Hood at Knitting Camp a few years ago signing The Knitting Circle.

The 10 on Tuesday Topic for 6/21 is 10 Books You Would Recommend to a Friend.  Added a bonus 11.

For knitters:

1)  Maggie Sefton, any of her mystery series starting with Knit One, Kill Two.
2)  Debbie Macomber - the A Good Yarn, etc series.
3)  Sally Goldenbaum - Death By Cashmere and Patterns in the Sand, I think there's a new one also.
4)  Ann Hood - The Knitting Circle

Others:

5)  For Vampire books, any of the Charlaine Harris, Sooky Stackhouse books.  I have all 3 seasons of True Blood on DVD waiting for me to watch them.

6)  For Quilters, any of the Jennifer Chiaverini books.  I don't quilt but I really like them.

7)  Gregory McGuire - Wicked - The Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West.  My favorite of his books.  I've also read Son of Wicked, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister and A Lion Amoung Men.

8)  Diana Gabaldon - Any of them.  I usually warn people, they are long. 

9)  Kate Morton - The Forgotten Garden - loved this book.  Also liked The House at Riverton.

10)  Tatiana De Rosney - Sarah's Key
11)  Pamela Schoenewaldt - When We Were Strangers

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Jamc55@yahoo.com said...

Just found you. Your movie and book tastes are similar to mine. So a vampire series suggestion or two. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward and the Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home