Sunday, December 05, 2010

Traveling Woman Shawl

This is my Traveling Woman shawl out of Noro Silk Garden Sock.  Was an easy knit and fun to watch to see what color is next.

I am part way through the last legwarmer and hope to finish that up one night this week.  I am on the last ball of yarn for the Collo Wrap so that should be done in a few weeks depending on how much I work on it.  I am up to the lace on the Holden Shawl and plan to use beads in the lace section.  Not sure what I will be bringing to work tomorrow to knit.  I haven't touched Acer at all. 

My sister and I went out to a craft fair at a school yesterday and then went to two shops looking at Vera Bradley stuff.  My sister was away for work last week and called me on Friday from the airport Vera Bradley store as they were having a sale on some discontinued colors.  We spend a half hour on the phone going over them and I am getting 2 small items for Xmas, plus my mother is getting one, too.  Three of the colors I liked plus a color my mother has is now discontinued.  At the second store we went to, I bought myself 3 wallets in the discontinued colors to put away for me for the future.  We also went to a yarn shop that had it's re-opening after being flooded sometime last year, I think.  My sister got some yarn and already knit it up into a moebius in less than 24 hours.

I wound some yarn up today, some Malabrigo worsted to become an Infinity Shawl.  I guess my sister knitting all those moebius scarves has rubbed off on me though the one I am planning has no twist.  I gave her yarn from my stash for two more today, one was a Fleece Artist kit that I had to have after seeing it on the Yarn Harlot's blog.  I had started it and hated it and ripped it out so now she has cast it on already.  The other was some angora blend I had.  Felt good to actually move some of the stash out of the house.  The other yarn I wound was for the Pokemon hat number 2 for my nephew.  Hat number 1 is done and I don't like it but will have my nephew try it on Tuesday to see if I need to use less stitches for number 2.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Cheryl S. said...

Pretty! I like how it has the brighter colors in the border.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home