Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

There seems to be a family of turkeys that hang out in the woods where I work.  This morning there were about 9 - 12 of them, some up in the tree near where I park but I had no camera with me.  This shot was outside my window a few years ago.

The Ten on Tuesday topic for 11/23 is (no surprises here) 10 Things You Love About Thanksgiving.

1) Turkey
2) Apple Pie
3) Homemade rolls
4) All the family is together, we have a small family - my mother, father, sister and her two kids. Sometimes   
    my ex bil comes over as his wife's a nurse and she works most holidays.
5) Manchester Road Race - it's on TV and I walked it one year with a friend. We met Mary Decker Slaney
    one year.
6) Football - good for knitting time
7) Leftovers - I love turkey and can eat turkey sandwiches for days
8) The quiet after every leaves, it sometimes seems so noisy when everyone is there and after they go it's just
     relaxing to think back on the day.
9) A long weekend from work - we are getting out early tomorrow and I took Monday so more knitting 
     time.
10) Planning my black Friday shopping - reading the ads and planning.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Cheryl S. said...

I like leftover turkey, but LOVE leftover stuffing. I used to make stuffing sandwiches when I was a kid.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

We once had a wild turkey fly into our car while we were going 70 mph. Good thing the driver's window was closed. Still, it stunk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home