Sunday, November 07, 2010

Fiber Festival of New England

I spent part of Saturday with my parents at the Fiber Festival of New England held at the Big E fairgrounds in Springfield, MA.  It was my mother's birthday and it also included lunch at Friday's on the way home which was a place they have never been.

The festival was nice, we got parking very close to the building which was good for my parents.  They walked around and then stopped and sat on a bench and sat there watching all the shoppers till I was ready to leave.  I bought 3 patterns by Stephen West (love his patterns) and some yarn at Creatively Dyed.  Yummy.  I also bought a skein of sock yarn from Spunky Eclectic and 2 more skeins of sock yarn from Decadent Fibers.  I was on a button search but really didn't find what I wanted. Probably for the best to wait until I at least have most of the sweater done in case I decide I don't like it and rip it out.  I had planned to get back to the Spunky booth but didn't.  That's ok though as I can order online or wait till MA Sheep and Wool next year.

Lunch knitting is still the Traveling Women Shawl.  Should be done by next weekend.  At home, I am working on a Cassidy cardigan.  Not in love with the yarn so we shall see how that goes.  I am planning out my nephew's hat and I think my ideas will work so will wind up that yarn next weekend.  I have the yarn out for the next 2 pairs of leg warmers and plan to cast on one pair sometime this week to become my lunch knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home