Sunday, November 14, 2010

Leg Warmers FO

Here are the legwarmers for my co-workers daughter.   The pattern is by Dancerella.  I have given them to my friend and she is holding them till the holiday's for her daughter.  I have finished one fo the legwarmers for my hairdresser's daughter and will probably cast on number 2 tonight or tomorrow night.  It takes less than a week to knit one if I work on it a little every night.  I will have extra yarn from all three pairs so may make hats for next year with that yarn.

My Traveling Woman shawl is done but not blocked yet.  Maybe next weekend I will get to it.  I was cleaning some stuff out to donate this weekend plus other cleaning.  Some knitted items are going to be donated to a homeless shelter.  I still have more to dig out and donate.  I have my favorites of what I have knit and some of these will never be worn so I would rather they get use somewhere.  Work knitting is now going to be Shawl #10 for the 10 Shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry.  It is the Holden Shawlette and will be out of some Classic Elite Alpaca Sox with beads added as I saw one done on Ravelry and it looks like a relaxing knit for my last shawl of the year.  Wasn't sure if I would get 10 done but I should be able to get this one done among the other things I am knitting.

I also cast on a Collo Wrap out of some BS Lambs Pride Bulky that I had sitting around.  Think I was going to make a pair of Bella's mittens but it is not started as this wrap.  Size 15 needles which seem so big to knit with.  Funny thing is, in my needle stash, I have 2 or 3 pairs of size 13, 15 and 17 needles.  Why, I don't know.  I also had cast on an Acer Cardigan about a week or so ago but have only done 2 rows.  Didn't like my needles so ordered a pair and they have arrived so I will be working on that again.

Cassidy has been frogged.  The yarn seemed too soft for the cables so it is going to become a pullover from Intereweave Knits, I think.  I have ordered some yarn from the YS but may also use one from stash, I am not sure yet.  I do still want to make this cardigan.

I have charted out my nephews hat (2 versions from what I found on a website, there is a third colorway but not doing that one) and ordered more yarn for the good one I am making him.  I picked up another skein needed at the YS Saturday and this one is a little different in color and the pattern chart is different.  This one will be the sample as he really wants the other one and I didn't want to knit the same thing twice.  I have to measure his head Tuesday night and then I can start it later on in the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home