Sunday, November 21, 2010

Criminal Minds Mystery Kerchief

This is the Criminal Minds Mystery Kercheif from the Criminal Minds Group on Ravelry.  The yarn is some old Knit Picks yarn.  It was a fun knit with a clue a week for I think 6 weeks.  I actually kept up with the knitting and it was a lot of fun.

Finally blocked Traveling Woman today.  Don't know what took so long, just didn't feel like blocking it. Just started yesterday legwarner two of the first set for my hairdresser's daughters.  I'm on skein two of three for the Collo Wrap so that is coming along.  Haven't touched Acer though I have moved it from it's spot on the love seat.

Work knitting is still Holden till the holiday this week.  I am hoping to finish up the stockinette stitch section and then will leave it home as I plan to add beads to the lace.  Not sure what will become work knitting then, maybe the legwarmers.  Or my nephews hat which I haven't started yet.  I measured him and have it mostly plotted out.  Just need to do a search on Raverly for similar hats in the same yarn to figure out how many to cast on.  I hope to at least do a small amount of the ribbing so I can measure it on him to make sure it is correctly on track.  Then he is going to be surprised by the finished project.  He said he wanted to watch it develop but no, it will be unveiled at Xmas.  He will be surprised as I hope to get 2 done for him, the sample and then the one he really wants.

I have been spending a lot of time searching on Ravelry for ideas to use a yarn or two.  Well, one started with a pattern I found that used sock yarn for a hat.  Then the stash in my room (and in my stash book) was searched till I found a contender.  Ended up at the YS on Saturday and bought 3 more yarns to go with the ones I have.  I now have them grouped up into 2 sets with three yarns each to make a hat, mitten and scarf set from each grouping of yarn.  One is Autumn colors and the other is more of a burgandy, lime, cream set.  These will probably be for next winter.  I did find some yarn I got a camp to make mittens but think I will use that to make a hat if it goes with the current scarf/gloves that I use.  Will have to check that out this week to see how the colors match.  So much to knit, so little time.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks very autumn! Very nice knit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home