Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mara Shawl

This is my Mara Shawl by Madelinetosh.  The yarn is some leftover Cascade 220 from a vest I made in the spring.  Took me a little over a month.  Not sure if I will keep it or gift it.

Finished the legwarmers.  Now need to start pair one for my hairdresser's daughters.  I haven't pulled out the yarn yet but it is in my room.  Lunch knitting is now the Traveling Woman shawl by Liz Abinante.  I am using some Noro Silk Garden Sock.  At home, I am working on the Criminal Minds Kerchief from the Knit a long.  I'm on the last clue and should finish it by next weekend so I can block it.

My sister was in the mood for a road trip today so I found a new to us yarn shop that was open on Sunday.  It's called New England Yarn and Spindle and it is in Bristol, CT.  A small shop that carrys Plymouth, Brown Sheep, Noro and Berocco yarn among others.  I bought some sock yarn and a few other skeins and a few little accessories.  My sister got some yarn and a pattern to make some fingerless mitts for a few friends of hers along with a vest pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home