Monday, September 14, 2009

2 Wonky Cowls and a Calorimetry

One skein of Plymouth Encore Colorspun yielded two Wonky Cowls and one Calorimetry. These were quick knits. The cowls match 2 scarfs I made 2 years ago for my hairdresser's little girls. The calorimetry will go to a co-workers little girl. I wanted to figure out how to make it smaller as my hairdresser is getting one out of Malabrigo and if her daughters like it, then I have a quick knit for them for next year.

My work project is now a child's sweater that I haven't even put on Ravelry. The yarn is leftover from a baby blanket and I really don't enjoy it but it is knitting up quicker now that I am knitting it during my hour lunch. I am not sure if I will have enough for sleeves but if I don't, it will just be a vest.

My night knitting is the Selbu Modern I have on the needles. Once as I finish that, I am going to start a sweater (still undecided) and also work on finishing up my Spring Things shawl. I think I have less than 30 rows to go on that. I have 3 other projects on the needles that I am going to decide if I am going to frog or finish. I am thinking finish one as I bought the yarn to make the edging at Rhinebeck last year. The other two I think are going to the frog pond. I get no enjoyment out of either one though I may give one of them one more chance.

I am so looking forward to the upcoming fairs. There is one in MA in a few weeks that my mother enjoys. It is very small and then we sometimes stop at Webs on the way home but I may not this year. Then comes Rhinebeck which my parents also enjoy. They like the cooking demos and spend most of the time we are there sitting and watching that. I have no plans to go to Stitches as I enjoy the fairs more. The knitters I know think I am crazy but I would rather spend my money at my LYS and at the fairs with the local independent dyers.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

You`ve been busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home