Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

These were one of the items I gave my mother for Mother's Day. She collects puffins and when I saw these stitch markers, I had to get them. She will probably put one on a chain and wear it as a necklace. They are by Weeones Creations on Etsy.

Not too much knitting going on. Last weekend the oldest kitten, Juliet turned one so all three cats received a treat of canned food. They liked it a lot so after the second kitten turns one in June, I am going to start giving them canned food more often.

Knitting wise, I am still plugging away on the work shawl, the home shawl and the baby sweater. I have so many new things I want to start but want to get these three done first. I may rip the one Malabrigo Lace scarf I have on the needles but I am not sure. It is set to become my work project when the shawl is done so I will probably wait until then to see if I still want to finish it.

I had blocked a poncho I made last week and took that off the blocking board yesterday. I plan to crochet all around it and then add fringe. I had hoped to have it done already but once as it came of the needles, the desire to do anything else to it went away. But, I will finish it. Today I blocked a vest my sister knit out of sock yarn. She had been calling me all week to find out if I did it yet so I forced myself to do it today. She stopped by this afternoon so she was able to see that I actually did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home