Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cable Cowl

The idea for this cowl came from a day of flipping through The Harmony Guides 450 Knitting Stitches Volume 2 book. I wanted to use one skein of Malabrigo to make a cowl and I wanted cables. So, I found the pattern in the guide called Cable Fabric (page 39 of my book) and just adjusted it to knit it in the round.

Matierals:

1 Skein Malabrigo
16 inch Size 9 Needles

Pattern:

Cast on 108 stitches (my cowl was approximately 20 inches around (when blocked), to make larger add stiches in multiples of 6)

Row 1 - Knit
Row 2 - Knit
Row 3 - *K2, C4B; rep from * to end
Row 4 - Knit
Row 5 - Knit
Row 6 - Knit
Row 7 - * C4F, K2; rep from * to end
Row 8 - Knit

C4B - Slip 2 stitches onto cable needle, hold at back, K2, K2 from Cable Needle.

C4F - Slip 2 stitches onto cable needle, hold to front, K2, K2 from Cable Needle.

For my cowl, I did 6 pattern repeats of the 8 row pattern. Then I bound off in Knit.

Blocked it slightly.

Copyright 2009 Suzanne Barnes. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home