Sunday, April 10, 2005

I went to my favorite yarn shop, Yarns Down Under yestday to shop and hang out. I try to go about once a month as it is about 30 minutes away from me. I sometimes go more in the summer as it is a tiny bit out of the way to my parents cottage.
I bought a skein of Koigu to make my mother a summer scarf and then I bought another scarf kit using some Noro yarn. Plus, I bought a Manos book to use with some Mission Falls Cotton that I have.

I started the second sleeve on my gansey. The first sleeve is down to the cuffs but I am not sure how long I want to make the ribbing so I am waiting till they are both the same length and then I will try it on. A few more weeks and it should be done.

Projects on the needles right now (or tomorrow at work) are my Gansey sweater, a baby hat out of Dale Baby Ull for a co-worker who just became a grandma (it's for the baby for next winter), a summer Koigu scarf for my mother, this will be my work project till I get it done. The flower basket is on hold for a few weeks.

I have startitis bad and am planning to start a bunch of projects:

1) A summer Bolero sweater for me out of some yarn my Secret Pal from the first Secret Pal thing sent me. I have yarn in the stash that will make a second one if I like it.

2) A sweater for my nephew for his birthday in September or Xmas (depends when I get it done).

3) A cotton sweater for my niece for her November Birthday or Xmas (depending on when it gets finished).

4) A Cotton Fleece poncho if I get around to it.

5) A short sleeve cotton sweater for me.

6) The Dale baby sweater, I found another Dale baby book so the sweater is still up in the air.

I am in the mood for cotton though my nephews sweater is a wood/acrylic blend.

No new computer yet, still have to order it. Spring is here, I haven't been feeling good so I will be exercising more, eating better and tests will follow if I don't feel better. The dr. isn't that concerned right now so I am trying not to be too stressed out about it. All the knitting I am planning will help.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the problem is that there are too many fun patterns and yarns out there. Most everyone I know has several projects going at once and a long list on deck. I know I do, anyway.

Yours sound like fun. Have fun with all your starts! :)

~ Your Secret Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home