Sunday, January 30, 2005

Here are my secret pal questionaire answers. Regular post later.


1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am not a yarn snob but I do prefer wool and cotton over acrylics. I tend to avoid Red Heart unless it is for a baby gift that I know will need to be machine washable.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I do spin and have two spinning wheels. I will admit I haven’t used either wheel in about a year. I know how to crochet a chain but that is about it
except for afghan stitch or something (not sure what it is called but it uses a long crochet hook)

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Strong perfumes and body wash type things sometimes set off migraines. I do have allergys but have never been tested to find out exactly what they are to, I do tend to avoid smoke though. A large percentage of Angora fiber tends to make me itch.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Since high school, over 20 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I did but I emptied it out as my sister tends to look at it and then buy me the books elsewhere without deleted them from the list.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

With my allergies and not knowing what really bothers me, not sure.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes, love chocolate, but my favorite is Dark Chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I have started to buy some jewelry making stuff but haven’t used it yet.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Right now, I have nothing to play MP3’s on. I hope to get a new computer in the next month or so. I like a lot of older music, kind of ecletic taste.
The last CD I bought was Maroon 5 plus I got the newest U2 for Xmas. I tend to listen to a classic music station. Music of the 70’s and 80’s, I guess.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

Purple is my favorite but I have so much, I should branch out. I like most anything but yellow. Not sure why I don’t like it. And it is ironic, cuz my Clapotis yarn has a lot of yellow in it.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Single. I have two cats and a dog.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) .

I got laid off in the spring of 2002 and have finally found a permanent job (will be Feb 1) so haven’t thought much beyond that. Just to have enough money to enjoy anything right now. But to be healthy and happy are probably it.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Koigu, Cascade 220. I like hand-dyed yarns. The colorways are just so interesting to watch develop.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

That snowflake yarn (not sure of the exact name, tends to be in children’s colors when I have used it) and it just sticks to any little dry patch on your hands. Any yarn like that which just doesn’t agree with my dry hands
right now. I also don’t really like knitting with eyelash yarn. Years ago, (before the latest eyelash craze), I made about 12 triangular type scarfs with eyelash yarn and another yarn together on large needles and have had no desire to do it again. I will contradict myself and admit that I do plan to dig 2 skeins out of the stash to make me a triangular one in red for Go Red for Women day next week.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Clapotis is one. I was really into felted items but have so many that I need to branch out and obsess over something else.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Usually whatever I am working on becomes my favorite thing for awhile. I tend to make a lot of sweaters or it just seems that way cuz the niece and nephew each get a sweater a year. I haven't made one yet, but I do plan in the future to make a Ribby Cardigan especially since I got a new KnitPicks catalog and they have Peruvian wool for under $2 a skein. Just have to finish up the two sweaters I am working on first and then order the pattern and yarn.

17. What are you knitting right now?

I am knitting Clapotis, a sweater for my niece (just needs sleeves and is a belated Xmas gift) and the Whitby Gansey (by Countrywool for me, just needs sleeves).

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I have made one for myself and two for my hairdressers daughters. I like them. Plan to make a summer one, I have the pattern and yarn, just need to finish up the above projects. But, by the time I get around to it, the fad will probably die out.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I prefer circular. Easier to knit with when the cat is nearby or at lunch at work. For some scarves, I use the straights I have.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like Clover Bamboo and those Aero needles (I think I got them from Canada, not sure if they are available around here).

21. Are you a sock knitter?

No, but I do have the yarn, patterns, and needles waiting for me to become one.

22. How did you learn to knit? My sister.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

About a year. The rest I had ripped last year cuz I didn’t want them hanging around anymore.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Hmm, I always like Wiley Coyote but lately it has been SpongeBob. My favorite animal has been the monkey, giraffe and lately, sheep.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

I don’t really have a favorite holiday. Most have become so comercial.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Besides yarn? The sheep have been the current collection and I have quite a few. Also Giraffes.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These give me some good ideas on where to start!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home