Sunday, March 20, 2005

Well, I ripped out the Whitby sleeve. How I knit a third of it on the wrong size needle is beyond me. I am not a third of the way back to where I was when I yanked it out. Need to see my niece this week to see if her sleeve is long enough. The Koigu scarf is into the second ball.

I read on the Aran list that Barbara Venishnick died last week. I was so shocked and sad to read that. I have known her since I first joined the CT knitting guild and she was so nice and friendly to be around. Plus, the advance look at all her designs was inspiring. I spent the middle of the day looking through most of my knitting magazines for her patterns. She was a talented designer who will be missed by those who knew her in person and those who just knew her through her talent.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it awful to realize you've got the wrong needles in? I tend to do that when I'm using straights; I'll switch the first one but forget and knit back with the wrong one. I hope you get back to where you should be quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home