Friday, July 09, 2004

I got my order from Countrywool which included lots of Cushing Dyes and some Hot Markers. The Hot Markers are so neat. They look like little elastics but the smallest ones are smaller than any other markers I have and will be great the next time I use my size 4 or smaller needles. They would have been perfect for my Elongated Bag by Judy Pascale that I made out of Koigu. I hope to have pictures on my website next week sometime. Yesterday, I dyed some more of the brownish-gray roving I had a lovely Rust shade. Yummy rust color. It is now drying. Today the turkey roaster is holding some Red Grape and a 1400 yard skein of lace weight off white wool yarn. It is now a gorgeous color. Yummmy!

My niece's Sophie is done and now drying. It is a teal yarn that I got in the Knitting Guild auction. It felted beautifully though it took 2 times through the washer where the Cascade 200 took one. Now have to start my mothers orange Cascade 220 one. I may wait till I go the LYS where I got the yarn and grab another skein.

I also finished the Beaded Bag by Judy Pascale. The linings are sewn for the Beaded bag and the Sophie bag and I hope to sew them in this weekend. I put zippers in both linings. For handles for the Beaded Bag, I went through all my smaller pursed that had leather or leather looking straps that hooked on. I bought some little metal things at JoAnnes and will sew them into the bag and then hook the strap on.

I think I may drop Tricot for my niece and make her a Tina tank from Berroco instead out of the CottonEase. I also found another pattern in a Vogue or other magazine that called for the CottonEase and will eventually pick up 2 more skeins and make that tank for her too.

I went to a kinda LYS last weekend and bought some buttons (I think they were called gumdrops) that will be so cute on the felted bags. I also bought a few patterns. One is a new Knitting Pure and Simple one for a hooded sweater. I have enough yarn in the stash to make my neice and I ones out of the same yarn. I alos bought a Fiber Trends pattern for a short sleeve shirt and the pattern used Cotton Fleece which I also have 4 skeins of in the stash. Not sure why I ever bought 4 skeins but it must have been on clearance.

The last thing I bought was some childrens needles (really short and cute) they will be perfect for scarf knitting. I dug out some more cotton out of the stash and plan to make the scarf in the latest Twists and Turns newsletter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home