Sunday, August 15, 2010

Little Bird

This little bird was in a bush outside of our front window around the middle/late July.  There is a bird feeder near the bush but this little one was hidden down in the bush.  He/she had soft fuzzy looking feathers.

As you can tell, no new FO's at all.  I still haven't worked on the baby sweater at all.  I started the border on the Daybreak shawl last night, 28 long rows to go.  I worked on that this weekend as I was down to the end of the Silk Garden Lite and wasn't sure how many rows I was going to get out of it.  I have a lot of the Silky Wool that is the other yarn so I was measuring out how much to do one row with the Silky Wool so I would only have to rip out one row instead of 3 or 4.  I had a small amount left of the Noro and finished two rows more than I had orignally thought so that was good.  The work shawl is slowly coming along, I think I am going to give it to my hairdresser.  I loved the yarn in the skein but not sure I would wear it now that it is knitting up and I know she would like the colors.

Other than the small amount of knitting I have been doing, I have been reading some more of the Uglies/Pretties/Specials series of young adult books along with some dog books.  Glad to be done with Specials, don't think I will read the next one as it has new characters in it and I kept reading these to see what happened to them.  I have a bunch of library books now to finish up before the end of the month.

I did some pattern searching and got some yarn together for some scarfs for the Red Scarf Project.  I hope to get two done but may have to settle for just one this year.  They make a good project for when I need to have an easy project for a small amount of time as the shawls get harder to work on when time is limited as the rows are so long.  Haven't started my holiday knitting yet and really need to, I have been planning so that is good. The weather has been cooler the last few days which has made me want to knit more. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home