Monday, January 26, 2009

Amarylis

My niece gave me a bulb kit for Xmas. It now has 4 buds, the picture is of 2 that have flowered and there are two more that will be blooming soon. One within a day or two and then the other one a few days (I think) after that. Very pretty. I have never tried to grow one before.

I have been doing some knitting, finished a scarf and a cowl. One I have to write up the pattern for and the other was a pattern I found on Ravelry. I then did a commission for 5 plain cowls which I always say I would never do. I gave what I thought was a high quote (probably not if I figured it out) but she said ok and it was a weak moment and I was picturing 5 Malabrigo cowls, just knitting round and round, easy as can be. Then she said no wool, just acrylic. Okay, so I used up 8 skeins (wool/acrylic/cotton blends) in the stash to make the 5, really I made 6 and gave her the choice of the 5 she wanted. She's happy, I'm happy. Now back to knitting what I want.

I really need to plug away on finishing my mother's sweater. But, it has been a tough week or so and I haven't been sleeping well and my hands are hurting. I have to go to the dr and find out what it is. I was planning on going anyway to just talk about vitamins and other stuff that may interact with some new medication so now I will add this in (not sure if it could be the medication itself). I don't think it is carpal tunnel as I have been through the neurologist already a few years ago. I hope it is not arthritis as my mother has that in her back and hands.

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful amarylis! Your hurting hands - my sympathies! I was dx with arthritis in my hands, knees and neck about 10 years ago. All pain and physical damage went away with chiropractic treatment. My chiro showed me published reports about studies that show chiro care can treat not only the symptoms but reverse the damage. I hope you find relief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home