Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olivia RIP 8/12/2008

I woke this morning to my kitty Olivia not being able to get up or move a lot. I am not sure how she got into the kitchen where I was making my lunch and breakfast but I turned around and she was crying on the floor. I called in to work and called the vet, then called them back and told them she needed to come in sooner. Not a good day, she is no longer with me but I hope she is in a better place. My father is going to bury her in the backyard and I plan to plant some flowers there. She was only 10 or so and had just been to the vet last week where they thought she had a cold and an eye infection. Now, they think it may have been a blood clot in her head and she went into cardiac arrest twice while at the vet.

I had a friend years ago whose mother fed stray cats. They were slowly catching them and getting them fixed and finding them new homes. The friend had talked me into taking Olivia as the mother cat had abandoned her and she was about 6 months old when I brought her home. She never grew and was 7 lbs. She mostly just liked me and it took me being away for her to let my father or niece feed her. I am just so sad right now. She was my favorite cat ever and in the winter she liked to sit with me while I knit.

4 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Suzanne.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Wishing you good memories of your kitty that will always be with you.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss - it sounds like you gave her a wonderful life and you have a lot of nice memories.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Margy said...

Just stumbled on your blog - I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. It sounds like she had a wonderful life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home