Sunday, March 06, 2011

Kitty play and a little knitting

 From this:
To This: 
Kayla, the youngest cat likes to take the Hershey Kisses wrappers (about 4 rolled up in a ball) and bury them in the stole I made.  I plan to eventually felt the stole into a cat bed but for new, she likes to either sleep on it or bury the kisses in it.  The other cat likes to chase them around on the hardwood floors.  We find them in the closets, behind furniture, all over the house.

No finished knitting to show.  The Theodora Shawl is blocking right now, I finished it on Tuesday night.  I started the next Criminal Minds knit-a-long called Strangle Me on Thursday night.  The clue came out Wednesday but my thumb was doing some strange twitching thing so I gave it a break.  I have 4 rows left to finish clue 1.  Not loving slip stitch color work knitting, I think this will be my last slip stitch project.  I really prefer cables or lace.

I did take Friday off and went to the YS to try to figure out my Silk Diamonds Scarf but in the end decided to frog it.  I am just not enjoying the knitting.  So, I came home that night and spent about 2 hours on Ravelry looking for patterns to use so that the yarn won't go to waste.  I have five single skeins of fingering silk/wool yarn, each about 240 yards or so depending if I use the scraps in pink, purple, light green, medium green and dark green.  I think I have figured it out, the two lighter greens will go into a cowl and I might have enough to make two of them.  The purple will be a That Little Scarf by Knitspot.  The dark green will be a cowl that I found on Ravelry that has pine trees on it.  The pink I am still deciding but it will be a scarf of some kind.  Will be good to use it up and get some enjoyable knitting out of it.

Caireen is still lunch knitting and I should finish up the main part by Friday during lunch.  Then comes the 20 or so rows of short row shaping and it will be done.  I hope to finish by the end of March as I originally started it as the Loopy Ewe cable challenge. 

I may start a childs shrug today just to have a small project on the needles.  I am considering making them for my hairdressers daughters for Xmas and I know a little one year old so I will make a small size to see if I like it.  If I do, I will them plan to make 3 or 4 more (2 for the hairdressers kids, one for a co-workers little girl that I use as a size test for the other ones, another for a friends 3 year old).  Should use up some stash yarn, too.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Cheryl S. said...

How funny! Maybe she thinks she's a dog burying her bones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home