Monday, July 31, 2006

Baby Sweater


This is my old standby baby sweater. It is a Plymouth pattern for their Encore yarn. I must have made over 10 of them over the years. It is a quick easy knit for me and occasionally, I make a little hat to match depending if I have any yarn left. This one is for a girl at work who is having a little boy.

One of the nearby yarn shops closed this week on Saturday after 21 years. I went twice since I knew they were closing but also looking through my checkbook today, I saw that I had been a few more times in the past two years. They always had a great Super Bowl weekend sale that I always went to. They will be missed in their area. I bought a ton of patterns and notions the first time I went and this weekend, it was mostly yarn to make projects that I have had picked out and just needed the yarn. Very strange, when there is just not the right yarn in the large stash but there wasn't, so shopping I went. I have found some really nice yars that I had never noticed before so it has been a fun experience seeing these yarns and bringing them home to play with.

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is cute! My closest LYS is an hour's drive away, and I'd be devastated if it closed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home