Saturday, May 13, 2006

DyeORama Meme

Your favorite colors? It was always purple mostly but lately, I have been into lime green, turquoise, and coral.

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Depends on what I am making. Sweaters in Worsted. Shawls in Fingering, Sport or DK. Mostly depends also on the yarn that I find that just calls out to me.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? It depends. I love to look at the multicolored yarn.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or
self-patterning yarn? Anything that my buddy wants to create is fine with me.

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic,
alpaca, etc.)? Anything is fine.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? The first thought was Cotton Candy but that seems to be more pink in my mind. Probably another thought would be Fiesta.

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? The chance to do some more dyeing and the push of a deadline to get me back into trying it again.

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Yes, both yarn and fiber and rovings.

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? I use a turkey roaster and Cushing Dyes.

Do you spin? Yes, occasionally.

Have you knit socks before? One pair in an online learn to knit socks class. They are worsted weight and came out a little big so I felted them a little and use them as slippers.

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? I love to use sock yarn for shawls and scarfs. I do have plans to make some socks now though.
W
hat are some of your favorite yarns? Cascade 220, Koigu, Lorna’s Laces.

What yarn do you totally covet? Lorna’s Laces.

Favorite patterns? I like Knitting Pure and Simple patterns for sweaters, Fiber Trends has a lot of nice shawls/scarves. A designer I like is Kathy Zimmerman.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Alice Starmore’s Queen Anne’s Lace. I have the book waiting, just need to get the yarn.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I was all about circulars and got rid of most of my straights, now I am back into the straights (mostly for scarfs). My favorites are the Inox Greys. I love them. I also like the wood Clovers.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Hmm, some nice Lorna’s Laces in Shepherd Sport.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Dark Chocolate, yum.

What’s your favorite animal? Giraffes

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? 2 cats, Jenson who is about 10, Olivia who is about 6 and a dog, Tessa who is about six and she is a Shetland sheepdog. I have a Betta fish at work named Rowan (a gift from the Boss to all the staff on our floor).

If you were a color what color would you be? Purple

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. I hate to admit it but I am wearing it and it is an old sweatshirt that I bought at a gym about 10 years ago or more and it says “hard tops sports gear” on it and is falling apart, holes all around the cuffs and neck and seams. It really should be trashed and I keep putting it off till the next season.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? I love to look at Tulips and Hummingbirds.

Do you have a wishlist? No, but maybe I should.

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will be so helpful! Now back to dyeing! - Your Dye-O-Rama Swap Buddy

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne,

I would have emailed you directly but you didn't include an email address in your note. I wanted to let you know that I received my yarn today. Thank you so much. It's very beautiful and i really love the rich colorways. I'm quite sure I'll knit some stunning socks out of it very soon!

Thank you again,
Becky
June 12th

 

Post a Comment

<< Home