Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sit 'N Knit



I went to visit a new to me yarn shop after CT Sheep & Wool yesterday. My friend Helen had gone and mentioned that they had a lot of Lorna's Laces so that clinched it for me going to visit. The three skeins on the right are Shepherds Sport in the Vera colorway. I love them. I also bought some patterns, sock needles, a store gauge/ruler thing and some clearance yarn for my mother. She started knitting again and just makes garter stitch scarves for herself and her church fair. She is also making afghan squares for Michael's. I will have to change around a pattern I have made before for a hat that you just knit a rectangle and sew it together. She could manage those with no trouble. The shop is very cute and I am so glad I went. They had some different yarns that I hadn't seen before and I do plan on going back to pick up some of it. They are mostly Koigu weight but the colorways are really nice.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne!

I'm your secret pal for the Dye-O-Rama swap. You'll have to excuse my lack of expertise but I promise to practice and read a few more books on dying yarn before I send you your sock yarn!

Do you have any color preferences or yarn preferences? Post on your blog and I'll keep them in mind for you.

Happy dying!

-Your Dye-O-Rama Secret Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home