Saturday, June 30, 2007

Another FO, finally off the blocking wires

Birch is finally off the wires. It is very large. I made it out of Brown Sheep Naturespun sport. I had originally bought the Kidsilk Haze for it but screwed up the cast on and threw away some yarn. I was afraid I wasn't going to have enough so I substituted one of my favorite yarns for lace knitting. I made the Flower Basket Shawl by Fibertrends last year out of it in pink. I have some green for the Lace Leaf Shawl and some Purple, Blue and Beige/Brown in the stash for more.

I worked a bit on the MS3 last night. Ripped out a few times but I hope to finish clue one by the 4th. I am using a dark green and really have to have really good light to work on it. I think I will finally be taking out my Ott light and trying it out. I love lace but I think I like it better on fingering weight or sport weight yarn, easier on my eyes.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birch looks great! I've printed out the first MS clue, and I'm *so* tempted to cast on, but I'm resisting. Barely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home