Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rhinebeck




Ah, Rhinebeck. The weather was perfect, no rain, not too hot, not too cold. I couldn't find Beth, the Lace Pal that I sent a package to. I am really bummed about that, I was looking forward to meeting her. It was very crowded. I walked around for about 4 hours or so and spent about 5 hours cramped up in the back seat of an extended cab pickup truck. Needless to say, I ended up with leg cramps in both legs on the way home and we had to stop so I could get out and stretch. They still hurt today.

The Jacob Sheep was so cute and had almost perfect horns, he just matched the banner above the stall, maybe he was the model.

As for the shopping, most of my damage was done at Morehouse Farms, at the fair and the shop on the way home. Plus, Spirit Trail, where my friend Shelia was in from Oregon to help out at the fair. We got a few minutes when the booth wasn't so busy to get to chat.

I came home with no Socks That Rock, the line at The Fold was long and by the time I got back there, they only had 2 solids left. Oh well, I did find lots to get.

The lace weights on the right (multi and green) were from Skaska Designs, beautiful stuff. The blue on the left was from A Touch of Twist. Lovely, lovely. I came home with something for my SP9 and yarns to make shawls and scarves for me or gifts.

I actually got stopped and had many compliments on the scarf I was wearing. It was out of Lorna's Laces Dove in the Watercolor colorway and I had never been complimented on my knitting as much as at the fair.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I think I got the same multicolor laceweight from Skaska. I love Galina. I have to buy something everytime. She was happy that my shawl won because it is her design and she had some extra business from it.
I'm sure we'll find each other some day. Maybe next year at Rhinebeck. I didn't realize that the meetup would be so overwhelming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home